Gnat Unmasked!


So I finally took the masking off the paint job on the first Gnat last night, and this wasn’t without incident. I had masked the straight lines with Tamiya tape, and had used maskol for the first time on the more intricate parts, what I didn’t expect that the maskol not only come away from the body of the kit but also the paint that had oversprayed on to it meaning I had to actually trim off the overspray with a scalpel.

This has meant that some of the finer details I was trying to mask using the Maskol haven’t come out the way I had hoped so a little touching up will be required tonight prior to masking and painting the matt black on the nose!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s