Gnat Update


So heres a quick snap of the 2nd Gnat as its getting the decals applied, a little annoyed as I bought white roundels to sit under the RAF roundels on top of the wing as the first Gnats Dayglo bled through the white, however is seems the white roundels are either 0.5mm to big or more likely the Airfix roundels are 0.5mm too small so I have a small white ring round the outside of the roundels now. Aircraft serial numbers have been altered, top decals almost complete, just got to flip it over and do the underside!

Jaguar Update


So just a quick update on the Jaguar, as you can see I have fitted the intakes and theres quite a big gap at the back of them. Time for the filler to come out!

Jaguar Progress


Ok so it seems as so often is the way I have ended up a little sidetracked with my other projects and the Jaguar is taking precedent! as you can see the nose  module, the cockpit module and the main part of the fuselage have all been assembled and put together. So far theres not been any real fit issues, however on dry fitting the intakes there seems to be a bit of a gap there thats going to need filling, but if thats as bad as it gets I will be happy!

Jaguar Pit Complete


So heres a couple poor pictures of the completed sub assembly for the Jaguar cockpit. Considering its out of the box its actually a pretty decent cockpit when compared to some other kits. I picked out all the details using a 000 gauge brush and Tamiya acrylics

Italeri 1/72 Jaguar GR1


So heres a quick look at the back of the box, which has on it some nice artwork of an alternative camouflage scheme for the Jaguar. It’s an early winter camo that was used during exercises in Norway I believe.

The actual aircraft represented in these images is not covered by the decal sheet, this is probably due to the fact this actual aircraft was involved in a fatal crash in the Scottish Borders so I am actually surprised they use the image at all.

This is the scheme I am planning to use on my Jaguar, it looks like I am going to have to paint the standard Grey/Green wrap around camouflage, then mask the required areas off and overspray flat white. The only thing I am not sure of is whether or not to decal the aircraft first then put the white on which is how the scheme is represented in these images.

The Next Project!


So here’s the next project landing on my bench. I am continuing on with the 1/72 scale and have picked up an Italeri Jaguar GR1. I have to say on opening the kit parts all look very nice, clear of flash and nicely detailed. Here’s hoping the fit is as good as the initial impressions!

The Gnat Is Not Forgotten!


Ok so heres a quick shot of the Gnat, I haven’t forgotten about it, i had just been plodding along in the background with it whilst making the Hurricane the focus of my attention. I’ve just applied a coat of Klear and am going to give her a 2nd before applying the decals. In the mean time I have started my next project!

Almost there!


So the Hurricane is almost complete, I have finished the decals, drilled the antenna post and rigged its with some 2.2lb fishing line! Unfortunately I have broken the main part of the canopy and Airfix told me they were unable to supply a spare. Luckily however someone has offered to send me a spare they have which I can’t express how grateful I am for! In the mean time I am dropping a couple of coats of Klear on before a light panel wash and some other weathering!