Finally starting to look like an aircraft. Got the first paint down on her last night, I have used Revell Aqua’s Aluminium for this. I was going to pick out some panels with a different shade of metallic but I’m not sure if I should bother as the blue diamonds ships always seem to be spotless in the images I have seen.
Just a quick update on the F-5A Tiger Hobbies kit I am working on at the moment. As you will see from the top image I had a small problem when removing the wings from the Sprue Gates.
One of the wings was fine and only had 3 or 4 gates holding it in place, however the other wing had 7 or 8 gates holding it in place and unfortunately as I was trimming them the ones on the trailing edge of the wing snapped off of their own volition and chomped the wing a little.
Thanks to a little minor surgery and some of that Deluxe Plastic Putty stuff I have got it looking half decent again. Not much left now before paint, Yay!