As work had began again on the Jaguar it quickly became time to mask the camo scheme up ready for more paint.
I decided to try a technique new to me instead of the usual blu-tak worms or pre cut vinyl masks, this time I scanned the images of the gree/grey scheme from the instruction sheets decal and camo layout. I had to enlarge the image and print to the size of the model, this was done by working out the percentage increase between the instruction sheet image and the actual size of the model.
I then printed these and cut out the paper shapes for the flat surfaces, now I had to find a way of getting the paper masks to stick, I have seen others try this method using Pritt Sticks or PVA glues etc and they always seem to have issues with residues being left on the models or the masks not coming off after paint.
What I decided to do was paint the back of the paper masks with a nice coat of Humbrol Maskol and then stick them down on to the model so the maskol was between the base paint layer and the paper mask. I did this for the top, bottom and sides where I could use a flat mask, I then joined and masked the curved parts of the model just by painting on the Maskol by hand. A couple of hours to let the Maskol fully cure and then some XF-13 Green was the order of the day!