You Spin Me Right Round!

Propeller assembly is now complete and painted up. I have done a little work on the main seam on the fuselage so its almost done. I have also now put the main parts of the wings together and again the fit it pretty good, very little work is going to be needed on the seams once the glue has dried.


Progress on the F-5A

Just a quick update on the F-5A Tiger Hobbies kit I am working on at the moment. As you will see from the top image I had a small problem when removing the wings from the Sprue Gates.

One of the wings was fine and only had 3 or 4 gates holding it in place, however the other wing had 7 or 8 gates holding it in place and unfortunately as I was trimming them the ones on the trailing edge of the wing snapped off of their own volition and chomped the wing a little.

Thanks to a little minor surgery and some of that Deluxe Plastic Putty stuff I have got it looking half decent again. Not much left now before paint, Yay!

F-5A Update

Well I got some more time at the bench and ask you can see from the photos I have managed to decipher enough of the fag packet instructions that come with this model to get the cockpit together and the in place and assemble the main two halves of the fuselage.

I love getting this stage done on any build as next is attaching the wings etc and this is when a build really starts to take shape!


Next Up On The Bench! 1/72 Folland Gnat by Airfix

Ok so I had a look at my stack of kits and have decided to go simple with my next build. I am dropping down on scale to 1/72 and have picked out Airfix’s Folland Gnat T.1 Kit.

This kit is one of Airfix’s new tooling kits and on opening the box the I have to say the detailing does look great. Recessed panel lines look good, cockpit parts look pretty detailed compared to the Airfix kits of old.

I will be building this kit out of box with no aftermarket parts, although even with a kit as small as this in 1/72 there is a resin pit upgrade kit available made by Pavla. Truth be told I did consider ordering it but I decided I would build this as standard stock and then if I liked the result I would pick up another kit and the resin upgrade and build another but with a different scheme.

For this build I will be painting/detailing her in the scheme on the box art, Central Flying School, RAF Little Rissington, 1964.