Cobra Update


The Cobra build has slowed down a little this week, I had the problem with me breaking the skid off the left hand side of the model and had to fix this, well I did fix this, got some green paint layed down and then broke the skid on the right hand side of the model!

This had to get fixed and then more green laid down, then i noticed a problem where I had fixed the right hand skid so more sanding and I broke my fix! Many swears later I finally got the skid back attached without a hideous glue bulge and got the green layed down proper. This is her unmasked and ready for the gloss coats prior to decals

Orange!


Well I have been able to get a little further with the Cobra tonight, this Tamiya International Orange is airbrushing on quite thinly so several coats have been the order of the day, just waiting for it to dry so I can mask it off and get the green down!

Primed and Ready


A little progress has been made on the Cobra again, I managed to finish the main part of the assembly and get some primer on her. It actually looks pretty good at first Glance this morning, can only see two small areas that will need any remedial work done prior to laying down the paint.

I did have one minor disaster though and thats the photetch mesh guards on the inside of the intakes, when i was trying to mask them off for primer one of them cant have been glue particularly well and came away and is now floating about inside the model. Most editions of the kit dont come with the photoetch parts anyway so I poked the other side in too in order to even it off.

In other news I have restarted to work on the stalled italeri Jaguar project I began, I am just doing little bits here and there in between working on the Cobra but expect an update on that project soon

Wings That Whirl!


Hi everyone, well I have to admit working to get my F-5A finished just lately has really got my modeler mojo back and fresh from taking part in my first ever Group Build I have signed up for another on Britmodeller.

I really enjoyed being able to see everyones builds unfold and how each person handled various issues that arose during the course of their builds. It was also great to be able to talk to people who were fantastically knowledgeable on both the hobby and the subject matter in hand.

For my first foray in to the world of rotory winged aircraft I have decided to build this AZ Models 1/72 TH-1G Training Cobra kit that I picked up for much cheapness from Hannants the other day. I had a quick look at the sprues etc and it seems a nice kit. The instructions seem a little confusing at first glance but compared to the Tiger Hobbies instructions that come with the F-5A I have just completed they are positively encyclopeadic.

The kit comes with two main sprues of buff coloured plastic, parts seem nicely moulded and are free from flash. Theres a small resin part which replaces the gun assembley for the trainer variants and a small fret of Photo Etched parts, which will be another first for me, as I have never worked with PE before.

Everythings sitting in my spray booth at the moment just waiting for me to make a start!