So heres a quick look at the back of the box, which has on it some nice artwork of an alternative camouflage scheme for the Jaguar. It’s an early winter camo that was used during exercises in Norway I believe.
The actual aircraft represented in these images is not covered by the decal sheet, this is probably due to the fact this actual aircraft was involved in a fatal crash in the Scottish Borders so I am actually surprised they use the image at all.
This is the scheme I am planning to use on my Jaguar, it looks like I am going to have to paint the standard Grey/Green wrap around camouflage, then mask the required areas off and overspray flat white. The only thing I am not sure of is whether or not to decal the aircraft first then put the white on which is how the scheme is represented in these images.
Another update but this time for the 1/72 Hurricane Mk1 thats on the bench. I had bought a camouflage masking set for this model as I had never used one before and wanted to see what all the fuss is about.
I must admit that whilst the pre cut mask isn’t perfect and some parts of it were over sized by a bit and needed some adjusting, but generally speaking they’re great, so much quicker and easier to mask up the model in question without having to sit rolling blue-tac or trying to cut masking tape etc.
Having realised my mistake with not fitting the cockpit I decided to continue practicing with airbrush and put the darker Grey on after masking with blu-tak (didn’t have any play dough and besides blu-tak doesn’t smell funny haha). I think the result was OK considering I had never done this before.
Once I had finished playing with the airbrush I decided it was time to actually get back to this build and cracked the assembly open and fitted the cockpit.