Seat detailed


Heres the new and improved seat. I added a back cushion that was made from lead substitute that I usually melt down for nose weights, the seatbelts are PE from the spares box, the ejection pull handle is some styrene rod bent round. I have also put a back on the seat and made some seat rails from more styrene rod that will be used to attach the seat to the newly installed bulkhead, which was fettled from a piece of styrene/plasticard. It’s not fantastic but it should help busy things up I think!

Airfix Folland Gnat T1 1/72 with Aftermarket Parts!


Ok so whilst I am waiting for my paints to arrive for the Hurricane MkI I have decided to make a start on the 2nd of my 1/72 Gnats. On this build I will be using Wolfpacks amazing little Resin 4GT/1 Ejector seats, a Pavla Vacform canopy (as I cracked the in box one trying to cut it so I could position open). I will also be using a combination of the in box decals and I will be making up new serials for this one so as they don’t clash with the one thats already completed.

I did consider getting a full resin cockpit from Pavla but to be honest the instrumentation is that small the stock parts suffice fine. This aircframe is going to be wearing the Light Aircraft Grey / DayGlo Orange combination as opposed to the first kits High Speed Silver / DayGlo scheme.

So as you can see from the photo I have spent this evening painting up and assembling the seats. Now I just need to sand off the resin bases!