UH-1D Finished


Here she is in her finished form, I finished her over a week ago
truth be told I just hadn’t had time to update the blog until now. I
have to say I am very pleased with the way she turned out, I actually
had to scratch build one of the windows as I lost it to the carpet
monster at the last minute.

I could probably do with dropping a
panel line wash on her just to bring out the vents etc that I worked to
correct, other than that there isn’t really anything else to say. The
kit itself, well much like the subject its certainly showing its age,
but it you spend a bit of time working on it, I think it really pays off
as it builds into a great model of this venerable old helo.

Advertisements

UH-1D Finished!


Here she is in her finished form, I finished her over a week ago truth be told I just hadn’t had time to update the blog until now. I have to say I am very pleased with the way she turned out, I actually had to scratch build one of the windows as I lost it to the carpet monster at the last minute.

I could probably do with dropping a panel line wash on her just to bring out the vents etc that I worked to correct, other than that there isn’t really anything else to say. The kit itself, well much like the subject its certainly showing its age, but it you spend a bit of time working on it, I think it really pays off as it builds into a great model of this venerable old helo.

UH-1D Gets Some Paint


Another update on the UH-1D, I think I am still running to schedule for getting her completed for tomorrows group build deadline. I got most of the paint done last night, the doors could do with another coat and theres a few touch ups needed in places, she should be good enough for decals this afternoon, then I can get the final touch ups a details painted tonight (maybe sand off that light above the engine nacelle and replace with a clear sprue sections or something too) and the get her glass fitted and finally rotors on along with the final varnish tomorrow.

UH-1D Gets Some Paint


Another update on the UH-1D, I think I am still running to schedule for getting her completed for tomorrows group build deadline. I got most of the paint done last night, the doors could do with another coat and theres a few touch ups needed in places, she should be good enough for decals this afternoon, then I can get the final touch ups a details painted tonight (maybe sand off that light above the engine nacelle and replace with a clear sprue sections or something too) and the get her glass fitted and finally rotors on along with the final varnish tomorrow.

UH-1D Update!


I may or may not have realized that my UH-1D build is due for
completion this Sunday in order to meet the group build deadline I am
building it for! So here’s an update as to where it stands.

As
you can see I corrected the vents from Horizontal to vertical slats and
added photo etch mesh for the ones at the rear. I have now got the
fuselage all buttoned up, primed and preshaded. I have also took the
tail planes off and attached them to the correct sides beings as how
they’re on the wrong way round in the photos 😉

Next up masking the 3 colour camo and getting some paint on so I can get the decals on her Saturday afternoon!

UH-1D Update!


I may or may not have realized that my UH-1D build is due for completion this Sunday in order to meet the group build deadline I am building it for! So here’s an update as to where it stands.

As you can see I corrected the vents from Horizontal to vertical slats and added photo etch mesh for the ones at the rear. I have now got the fuselage all buttoned up, primed and pre-shaded. I have also took the tail planes off and attached them to the correct sides beings as how they’re on the wrong way round in the photos 😉

Next up masking the 3 colour camo and getting some paint on so I can get the decals on her Saturday afternoon!

 

Huey Progress


I have finally began the second build for the helicopter group build over on the Britmodeller forum, the Revell 1/72 Huey UH-1D SAR. First up is the cabin, this came together really easily and looks quite nice now its done.

Next up I plan on tackling the vents on the engine housing as these are all wrong for a German machine.

A New Project


After a late night visit to the Hannants website I ended up placing an order for a few new kits and aftermarket items and this is one of the things I picked up. So as a second entry to the Britmodeller Helicopter Group Build I have decided to have a bash at building the Revell 1/72 UH-1D as a Luftwaffe SAR aircraft, I want to build as a hospital variant so the back is filled with stretchers etc.

I was going to use the Airwaves etch set that is in the picture but I have decided to keep the etch for another Huey I want to build as a Slick so I will keep the etch for now.