German Night Fighters versus Bomber Command 1943-1945 by Martin W. Bowman.

12838


Whilst this book may not be a modelling resource as such many modellers do have an interest in this period and its events and this book gives detailed accounts of some of the unforgiving meetings between the aircraft and crews of allied forces under Bomber Command and those of the Luftwaffe’s Nachtjagd during the latter years of WWII.
Much of the information provided of these encounters and the bitter aerial battles that resulted is given first hand, as experienced by aircrews on both sides of the conflict.
This wealth of information depth, first hand testimony and operational details along with the profiles of many of those involved from both sides of the conflict provides the reader a great insight in to the units and people involved during this period of the war.

Advertisements

UH-1D Finished!


Here she is in her finished form, I finished her over a week ago truth be told I just hadn’t had time to update the blog until now. I have to say I am very pleased with the way she turned out, I actually had to scratch build one of the windows as I lost it to the carpet monster at the last minute.

I could probably do with dropping a panel line wash on her just to bring out the vents etc that I worked to correct, other than that there isn’t really anything else to say. The kit itself, well much like the subject its certainly showing its age, but it you spend a bit of time working on it, I think it really pays off as it builds into a great model of this venerable old helo.

UH-1D Gets Some Paint


Another update on the UH-1D, I think I am still running to schedule for getting her completed for tomorrows group build deadline. I got most of the paint done last night, the doors could do with another coat and theres a few touch ups needed in places, she should be good enough for decals this afternoon, then I can get the final touch ups a details painted tonight (maybe sand off that light above the engine nacelle and replace with a clear sprue sections or something too) and the get her glass fitted and finally rotors on along with the final varnish tomorrow.

UH-1D Update!


I may or may not have realized that my UH-1D build is due for completion this Sunday in order to meet the group build deadline I am building it for! So here’s an update as to where it stands.

As you can see I corrected the vents from Horizontal to vertical slats and added photo etch mesh for the ones at the rear. I have now got the fuselage all buttoned up, primed and pre-shaded. I have also took the tail planes off and attached them to the correct sides beings as how they’re on the wrong way round in the photos 😉

Next up masking the 3 colour camo and getting some paint on so I can get the decals on her Saturday afternoon!