Intakes




I knew the intakes were going to be an issue with this kit when I purchased it and right enough they’re an issue! I was going to remedy the issue with Styrene sheet as usual however I had thought about attempting a fix like this previously using several coats of Mr Surfacer but didn’t have the time to see it through, so this time I thought I would take the time to give it a go and see how it turns out, so on goes the first coat!

Taking Shape


Well I have put the cockpit and nose together and attached to the fuselage, it’s starting to look a bit like a Flogger! I think I am actually going to get some primer on her just now so I can check seam lines before I put the intakes togther plus I will need to move the wings and prime the bare bits once the first coat of primer is dry.

Construction Begins


Well I managed to get a start on this as I said so I built what little there is to the cockpit up and started dry fitting the wings / fuselage. The two halves of the main fuselage actually look pretty close to one another so there shouldn’t be much fettling required to get a nice join without much of a seam line to worry about which is always good!

Academy 1/72 MiG-27 Flogger D


Well my Spitfires decals were settling so I was stuck for something to do so I decided I would make a start on one of the builds I would like to do for the From Russia with Love GB over on the Britmodeller forums.

This ones just going to be a quick out the box effort on Academys 1/72 MiG-27. I know the kits got its issues, I beleive the nose is wrong for a D and the cockpit detail is almost none existant but I’m just looking for a quick build again at the moment and not get bogged down with corrections and detailing etc on this whilst I’m waiting on parts for a couple of other builds I want to get done for this and another gb so onwards.