Test Fitting the Resin!

Dry fitting the major components and the neOmega Cockpit into the Hawk was hassle free.. for once!
Dry fitting the major components and the NeOmega Cockpit into the Hawk was hassle free.. for once!
Dry fitting the ejector seats went without hassle
Dry fitting the ejector seats went without hassle
Rear Cockpit of the nEOmega resin cockpit set
Rear Cockpit of the NeOmega resin cockpit set needs a tiny amount of adjustment.

I have to say this cockpit set is some of the nicest resin I have used. Not only is it super detailed but the dry fit testing was without any of the usual problems of having to squeeze the resin in. It was almost a perfect fit first time with only the rear cockpit requiring a little adjustment.

Not sure if the level of detail really comes out in the photos above as the naked resin is difficult to get a decent contrast on but it really is a beautiful set and if you have one of these kits I thoroughly recommend picking up this resin.

Advertisements

Drone done

Completed D-21 Sitting on it’s trolley
Completed D-21 Sitting on it’s trolley
Completed D-21 Sitting on it’s trolley

It’s been a while since I have done a completion photoset! Well this isn’t really a true completion as it’s only part of the kit really but as I think it’s the first one this year (shocking I know!!) I am counting it. Having said that we are going to be in for a few completions very soon.

I present to you the Lockheed D-21B High Speed Unmanned Reconnaissance Drone as launched from the underwing of B-52’s during the cold war.

You can’t really see any of the trolley she is sitting in the photos but to be honest I was more interested in making the most of the fleeting sunshine to try and make the natural metal finish look as good as I could.

Office Installation

 


I noticed that the main instrument panel was just to be left black matt with no decal or details on it which didn’t really sit right with me so I got out the styrene sheet and made a main instrument panel, drilled some holes for dials and filled these with PVA glue for the lenses. I also made a camera control box from lamianted styrene sheet which fitted above the main IP.

As you can see I have also painted and fitted the camera, this was all glued in place and the fuselage was shut. The seam lines need a little fettling to blend in but nothing much at all.

It’s safe to say I am fair enjoying this kit, it’s fit its almost spot on, it’s exterior is nicely detailed and the kits nice and simple to construct. Just what the mojo ordered

1/72 Airfix Spitfire PRXIX with Resin Camera


A new project begins! So I have been pottering about the bench and started a couple of kits but my heart just wasn’t really in them, a combination of not really being interested in the subject matter and difficulties with the builds meant they stalled. So after my visit to the Scottish Nationals I figured I would just throw myself back into it, I was looking through the stash for something that would be a simple enough task but would still produce a good looking model at the end and I settled on the Airfix 1/72 Spitfire PRXIX. 
I had a couple of resin cameras in the stash that would fit this kit too which I had picked up for about a pound from an online clearance sale so I figure I may as well use one on this build. 

I have decided to go with the Swedish markings for this build, I have a couple of these kits in the stash after picking them up at £2.99 a kit and I am glad I did buy in multiple on this occasion, the kit looks great from what I can see, no flash, nicely engraved detail, although the panel lines may be a little deep its only a small thing that could easily be rectified and for the first time in a long time I find myself looking forward to getting on with the build! 

Is that a Gun Turret in your pocket..? Why yes!


One of my only gripes with these great little AZ kits is the gun turret is a bit basic looking, so again I turned to the superb range of RES-IM and ordered me there replacement turret pack, this comes with 3 different turrets, 2 minigun barrels, the grenade launcher barrel and some other barrel I don’t need with a small fret of etch for the access panels on the underside! Now for the joys of sanding resin, dust masks at the ready people!

The Cobra gets an Office!


Ok so I am a little bit behind in my updates on here, I am struggling to get back into my blogging mind set, here some pictures of the cockpit for the Cobra, I used the RES-IM etch set for the kit. Got to love Eduard Etch

UH-1D Finished!


Here she is in her finished form, I finished her over a week ago truth be told I just hadn’t had time to update the blog until now. I have to say I am very pleased with the way she turned out, I actually had to scratch build one of the windows as I lost it to the carpet monster at the last minute.

I could probably do with dropping a panel line wash on her just to bring out the vents etc that I worked to correct, other than that there isn’t really anything else to say. The kit itself, well much like the subject its certainly showing its age, but it you spend a bit of time working on it, I think it really pays off as it builds into a great model of this venerable old helo.

UH-1D Gets Some Paint


Another update on the UH-1D, I think I am still running to schedule for getting her completed for tomorrows group build deadline. I got most of the paint done last night, the doors could do with another coat and theres a few touch ups needed in places, she should be good enough for decals this afternoon, then I can get the final touch ups a details painted tonight (maybe sand off that light above the engine nacelle and replace with a clear sprue sections or something too) and the get her glass fitted and finally rotors on along with the final varnish tomorrow.