Home Straight & A Minor Disaster!


Ok sneak peak before she’s finished. I had an incident with some masking
tape removing part of a decal and some paint.. note to self always go
to the hobby shop and buy more tamiya tape instead of trying to use the
duck brand hi tac masking tape you bought for painting the skirting in
the house. I kind of recovered, has left a mark where there wasnt one
before, I would normally sand down and repaint the area but time isnt
going to allow it as the build is for a group build on Britmodeller and the deadline is this weekend. I butchered some other decals to patch up the
damaged one and thats ok but the paint area is going to annoy me so I will probably fix this in the none to distant future.

Slowly slowly!


Another quick shot of the F-5A from Tiger Hobbies. Flat Black’s applied, and the pic shows her waiting for decals. I actually made a start on them last night and they’re pretty good. The wing walkway outline broke up a bit but the stencils have all been easy to work with, they’re maybe using carrier film thats a touch thick for my liking but in general they’re pretty good. So much so I might actually keep the Turkish option to use on another F-5 I have planned.

Laying Down Some Paint!


Finally starting to look like an aircraft. Got the first paint down on her last night, I have used Revell Aqua’s Aluminium for this. I was going to pick out some panels with a different shade of metallic but I’m not sure if I should bother as the blue diamonds ships always seem to be spotless in the images I have seen.

Progress on the F-5A


Just a quick update on the F-5A Tiger Hobbies kit I am working on at the moment. As you will see from the top image I had a small problem when removing the wings from the Sprue Gates.

One of the wings was fine and only had 3 or 4 gates holding it in place, however the other wing had 7 or 8 gates holding it in place and unfortunately as I was trimming them the ones on the trailing edge of the wing snapped off of their own volition and chomped the wing a little.

Thanks to a little minor surgery and some of that Deluxe Plastic Putty stuff I have got it looking half decent again. Not much left now before paint, Yay!

F-5A Update


Well I got some more time at the bench and ask you can see from the photos I have managed to decipher enough of the fag packet instructions that come with this model to get the cockpit together and the in place and assemble the main two halves of the fuselage.

I love getting this stage done on any build as next is attaching the wings etc and this is when a build really starts to take shape!

Finally Something To Post About!


So I know I have been away for a while, but this should be me back at the bench now! I have my first ever group build I committed too a few months ago now due to start this weekend on the Britmodeller forum and it’s a Single Type Group Build of my favourite airframe the Northrop F-5!

This is going to be the first of a couple of builds I intend to do for the STGB and for it I am using the Tiger Hobbies 1/48 F-5A kit, it’s not a fantastically accurate kit to be honest, but it builds into something thats kind of F-5 shaped and considering its price point I can forgive the inaccuracy.

I am going to be building this straight out of box and into the Philipene Blue Diamond Acroteam scheme shown at the top of one of the photos above. I have been looking forward to being a part of my first Group Build so I will be throwing myself into it with great eagerness!

Hurricane MKI complete!


Here are some photographs of the completed MKI Hurricane by Airfix in 1/72nd Scale. First of all I need to thank Mitch from Britmodeller for sending me a spare canopy after mine met with disaster through my own stupidity.

I think the brown colour is incorrect but I kind of like how it looked when it had dried so I left it instead of painting over. Painted using a mix of Tamiya and Revell Acrylics and Varnished with Windsor and Newton Matt on the top side of the aircraft. I hope you like it and if you have any suggestions for improvements they’ll be greatfully received.

Gnat Complete!


The 2nd Gnat is finally completed. I added the last of the details tonight so I thought I would post up a few snaps of the finished article on her own and along side her sister aircraft. If you have any comments/critique/suggestions for improvement then please do make them!

Gnat Update


So heres a quick snap of the 2nd Gnat as its getting the decals applied, a little annoyed as I bought white roundels to sit under the RAF roundels on top of the wing as the first Gnats Dayglo bled through the white, however is seems the white roundels are either 0.5mm to big or more likely the Airfix roundels are 0.5mm too small so I have a small white ring round the outside of the roundels now. Aircraft serial numbers have been altered, top decals almost complete, just got to flip it over and do the underside!

Jaguar Update


So just a quick update on the Jaguar, as you can see I have fitted the intakes and theres quite a big gap at the back of them. Time for the filler to come out!