Jaguar Update


So just a quick update on the Jaguar, as you can see I have fitted the intakes and theres quite a big gap at the back of them. Time for the filler to come out!

Jaguar Progress


Ok so it seems as so often is the way I have ended up a little sidetracked with my other projects and the Jaguar is taking precedent! as you can see the nose  module, the cockpit module and the main part of the fuselage have all been assembled and put together. So far theres not been any real fit issues, however on dry fitting the intakes there seems to be a bit of a gap there thats going to need filling, but if thats as bad as it gets I will be happy!

Jaguar Pit Complete


So heres a couple poor pictures of the completed sub assembly for the Jaguar cockpit. Considering its out of the box its actually a pretty decent cockpit when compared to some other kits. I picked out all the details using a 000 gauge brush and Tamiya acrylics

Italeri 1/72 Jaguar GR1


So heres a quick look at the back of the box, which has on it some nice artwork of an alternative camouflage scheme for the Jaguar. It’s an early winter camo that was used during exercises in Norway I believe.

The actual aircraft represented in these images is not covered by the decal sheet, this is probably due to the fact this actual aircraft was involved in a fatal crash in the Scottish Borders so I am actually surprised they use the image at all.

This is the scheme I am planning to use on my Jaguar, it looks like I am going to have to paint the standard Grey/Green wrap around camouflage, then mask the required areas off and overspray flat white. The only thing I am not sure of is whether or not to decal the aircraft first then put the white on which is how the scheme is represented in these images.

The Next Project!


So here’s the next project landing on my bench. I am continuing on with the 1/72 scale and have picked up an Italeri Jaguar GR1. I have to say on opening the kit parts all look very nice, clear of flash and nicely detailed. Here’s hoping the fit is as good as the initial impressions!

Airfix Folland Gnat T1 1/72 with Aftermarket Parts!


Ok so whilst I am waiting for my paints to arrive for the Hurricane MkI I have decided to make a start on the 2nd of my 1/72 Gnats. On this build I will be using Wolfpacks amazing little Resin 4GT/1 Ejector seats, a Pavla Vacform canopy (as I cracked the in box one trying to cut it so I could position open). I will also be using a combination of the in box decals and I will be making up new serials for this one so as they don’t clash with the one thats already completed.

I did consider getting a full resin cockpit from Pavla but to be honest the instrumentation is that small the stock parts suffice fine. This aircframe is going to be wearing the Light Aircraft Grey / DayGlo Orange combination as opposed to the first kits High Speed Silver / DayGlo scheme.

So as you can see from the photo I have spent this evening painting up and assembling the seats. Now I just need to sand off the resin bases!