More etch





Work continues on the Vampire with more etch coming together for the tiny cockpit. heres the main instrument panel almost finished

New project!



Well the progress on the MiG-27 is slowing down a little as there’s a lot of waiting around at the moment waiting for things to cure etc and I had just received an Aztec decal sheet for Vampires in Latin American colours so I thought I would make a start on a build of Revells boxing of the MPM Vampire F.Mk3 in 1/72nd and happily there’s still time to build as and entry for the Made in Britain Group build on Britmodeller so here we go!

 

Decal Time


This really is a lovely little kit of a fantastic looking aircraft, looks fast even when at a standstill.

I forgot to take an image during primer and paint, but to be honest the Tamiya fine primer and Vallejo Faded PRU Blue was uneventful in a good way!

Primed and Ready


A little progress has been made on the Cobra again, I managed to finish the main part of the assembly and get some primer on her. It actually looks pretty good at first Glance this morning, can only see two small areas that will need any remedial work done prior to laying down the paint.

I did have one minor disaster though and thats the photetch mesh guards on the inside of the intakes, when i was trying to mask them off for primer one of them cant have been glue particularly well and came away and is now floating about inside the model. Most editions of the kit dont come with the photoetch parts anyway so I poked the other side in too in order to even it off.

In other news I have restarted to work on the stalled italeri Jaguar project I began, I am just doing little bits here and there in between working on the Cobra but expect an update on that project soon

Slowly slowly!


Another quick shot of the F-5A from Tiger Hobbies. Flat Black’s applied, and the pic shows her waiting for decals. I actually made a start on them last night and they’re pretty good. The wing walkway outline broke up a bit but the stencils have all been easy to work with, they’re maybe using carrier film thats a touch thick for my liking but in general they’re pretty good. So much so I might actually keep the Turkish option to use on another F-5 I have planned.

Laying Down Some Paint!


Finally starting to look like an aircraft. Got the first paint down on her last night, I have used Revell Aqua’s Aluminium for this. I was going to pick out some panels with a different shade of metallic but I’m not sure if I should bother as the blue diamonds ships always seem to be spotless in the images I have seen.

Hurricane MKI complete!


Here are some photographs of the completed MKI Hurricane by Airfix in 1/72nd Scale. First of all I need to thank Mitch from Britmodeller for sending me a spare canopy after mine met with disaster through my own stupidity.

I think the brown colour is incorrect but I kind of like how it looked when it had dried so I left it instead of painting over. Painted using a mix of Tamiya and Revell Acrylics and Varnished with Windsor and Newton Matt on the top side of the aircraft. I hope you like it and if you have any suggestions for improvements they’ll be greatfully received.

The peel to reveal!


So here it is masking peeled. Im pretty happy with the result as it looks a closer to an accurate Type-A Scheme than I would have achieved without using the pre cut mask.

Now I’m sitting here thinking bugger, I still have masking to do as I just realised I have done the white/black on the underside! Better get the tape out!

Decals done!


So the Gnat is essentially finished. Thats the last of the decals on. I still haven’t decided what to do about weathering on this one as of yet, or even if I am going to weather it at all, I will be dropping her a couple of coats of Klear over the next couple of days just to protect the decals so plenty of time to decide. In the mean time though thats another build done and I get to move my focus on to the MK1 Hurricane!