Preventing light bleed


So I tested an LED in situ and there was significant amounts of light bleeding through the bare plastic so I have painted the insides of the engines with a couple of coats of metallic paint to try and reduce this effect, I still have some spots that I am concerned about due to the wall thickness but I am hoping using a primer on the outside that contains micro fillers should sort that out… fingers crossed!

Snowspeeder Weathering


The Snows Speeder is pretty much done as you can see in the images attached. The battle damage and weathering is being taken care of courtesy of some Maskol chipping as we have seen previous and Humbrol and Ammo pigments! Last few bits to complete!

Snowspeeder coming together


Most of the construction on the snowspeeder is complete and I’ve revealed the chipping and begun the weathering. most of the weathering will be with Ammo products, can really see how rusted the radiator looks in this photoset, love the rusting pigment, really effective I think

Speedy Snowspeeder Build

Heres some more images from my build of the Revell 1:52 Rebel Snowspeeder kit. It’s a pretty basic kit so progress is quick however it is a nice kit to work with. a little preshading around the panel lines, and plenty of chipping which was the reason I was building this, in order to practice my weathering and chipping.

As you can see the decals for the orange markings have been chucked and I have airbrushed it all, there is steel underneath the main base grey in the areas I wanted to depict as battle damaged or worn. I have also chipped the various other colours to depict wear and tear. I have also weathered the radiator etc at the rear using various rust powders and washes from Ammo.

And Now For Something Completely Different!


Well to keep my mojo from dropping I decided to give something different a go and as I had a voucher I picked up one of the Revell 1:52 Rebell Snowspeeder kits to have a play about with and practice a few of my techniques on.

I decided straight away I wasnt going to use hardly any of the kits decals and instead would be painting all the sqaudron identifying colours to allow me to practice my chipping and weathering techniques, so I dived right in and as always I started by painting up the cockpit and instrument panels.