Constuction Complete!.. ok almost complete


Here we find a rare upside down Cobra, well the main part of the construction is now complete, the skids, stabilizers, stub wings, turret body and most of the etch are now together. I am being super careful with the skids on this one considering how many times I broke the ones of the TH-1 I built. Almost time for paint!

Advertisements

A Tale of Two Halves.. of Fuselage


Another day another update, here’s the Cobra after installing the cockpit and bringing the two halves together. There’s the bottom plate to sort out, apparently the AH-1G should have all those raised details sanded off as I guess they weren’t equipped with these parts back then, best get sanding again

Murder Inc!


Well I have been pretty conspicuous in my absence over the summer months, this is down in no small part to a currently stalled build of an SR-71 causing my mojo to depart for a while, however I figured it is time to get back on the horse and looking over my stash I could think of no better way to do this than another of AZ models 1/72 Cobra kits and by happy coincidence theres a Bell Huey STGB in progress on Britmodeller at the moment, although it closes at the start of November so I am going to have to get my skates on with this one!

As you will have seen in the photos I have Eduards little etch set for this kit, not really done much with etch before so this should be educational at least! I also have a Pavla Canopy for this kit but the kit canopy is actually looking pretty well and there were only minor fit issues with the one on the TH-1G I have built previously so I may not even use this.

Rebel Snowspeeder Complete!


Well it’s finally complete, here’s my finished build of the Revell 1:52 Rebel Snow Speeder kit. I think I only used 3 of the decals that came in the kit in the end, everything else was painted.

I painted it with Tamiya and Revell Acrylics, chipping with maskol and weathered with Ammo and Humbrol pigments and a home made wash. I am quite pleased with it considering it’s small size and the fact it was my first ever sci-fi build! I hope you like her too!

Speedy Snowspeeder Build


Heres some more images from my build of the Revell 1:52 Rebel Snowspeeder kit. It’s a pretty basic kit so progress is quick however it is a nice kit to work with. a little preshading around the panel lines, and plenty of chipping which was the reason I was building this, in order to practice my weathering and chipping.

As you can see the decals for the orange markings have been chucked and I have airbrushed it all, there is steel underneath the main base grey in the areas I wanted to depict as battle damaged or worn. I have also chipped the various other colours to depict wear and tear.

And Now For Something Completely Different!


Well to keep my mojo from dropping I decided to give something different a go and as I had a voucher I picked up one of the Revell 1:52 Rebell Snowspeeder kits to have a play about with and practice a few of my techniques on.

I decided straight away I wasnt going to use hardly any of the kits decals and instead would be painting all the sqaudron identifying colours to allow me to practice my chipping and weathering techniques, so I dived right in and as always I started by painting up the cockpit and instrument panels.

Jaguar Demasked.. Again!


So here’s the Jaguar after a little more work, the final coat of flat white has dried and I have peeled off the paper/maskol masking I had applied. You will notice that I have not gone for a completely opaque finish with the white. This is because the actual temporary camo that was applied to the airframes for the training ops in Norway was extremely uneven and was more like a white wash that was put on over the top of the standard Green/Grey and all the markings etc.

Jaguar demasked… Again!


So here’s the Jaguar after a little more work, the final coat of flat white has dried and I have peeled off the paper/maskol masking I had applied. You will notice that I have not gone for a completely opaque finish with the white. This is because the actual temporary camo that was applied to the airframes for the training ops in Norway was extremely uneven and was more like a white wash that was put on over the top of the standard Green/Grey and all the markings etc.

Cobra Update


The Cobra build has slowed down a little this week, I had the problem with me breaking the skid off the left hand side of the model and had to fix this, well I did fix this, got some green paint layed down and then broke the skid on the right hand side of the model!

This had to get fixed and then more green laid down, then i noticed a problem where I had fixed the right hand skid so more sanding and I broke my fix! Many swears later I finally got the skid back attached without a hideous glue bulge and got the green layed down proper. This is her unmasked and ready for the gloss coats prior to decals

Resurrection!


Ok as I mentioned in an earlier post I have picked up the Italeri Jaguar again in between working on the Cobra so I thought I would give a couple of quick shots of where I have got to with it. I lost a couple of antenna and once I had put the Dark Gull Grey down it became I had lost a few panel lines so I have given one or two a rescribe.

I will go back at her later with the Dark Gull Grey to cover the panel lines and then get busy with the masking for the green.