Well I am still working on the solar panels for the TIE, not surprising though as they’re the biggest part of the kit! Here are the first sides of the TIE’s solar panels now the framework has been painted and the masking removed, they’re still not how I hoped but at least the fine moulded details aren’t lost in the flatness of the paint anymore! They look all the better for having the grey framework around them to be honest, surprising how much of a difference this has made to the way they look.
Well it’s finally complete, here’s my finished build of the Revell 1:52 Rebel Snow Speeder kit. I think I only used 3 of the decals that came in the kit in the end, everything else was painted. Painted with Tamiya and Revell Acrylics, chipping with maskol and weathered with Ammo and Humbrol pigments and a home made wash. I am quite pleased with it considering it’s small size and the fact it was my first ever sci-fi build! I hope you like her too!
The Snows Speeder is pretty much done as you can see in the images attached. The battle damage and weathering is being taken care of courtesy of some Maskol chipping as we have seen previous and Humbrol and Ammo pigments! Last few bits to complete!
Most of the construction on the snowspeeder is complete and I’ve revealed the chipping and begun the weathering. most of the weathering will be with Ammo products, can really see how rusted the radiator looks in this photoset, love the rusting pigment, really effective I think
Heres some more images from my build of the Revell 1:52 Rebel Snowspeeder kit. It’s a pretty basic kit so progress is quick however it is a nice kit to work with. a little preshading around the panel lines, and plenty of chipping which was the reason I was building this, in order to practice my weathering and chipping.
As you can see the decals for the orange markings have been chucked and I have airbrushed it all, there is steel underneath the main base grey in the areas I wanted to depict as battle damaged or worn. I have also chipped the various other colours to depict wear and tear. I have also weathered the radiator etc at the rear using various rust powders and washes from Ammo.
Well to keep my mojo from dropping I decided to give something different a go and as I had a voucher I picked up one of the Revell 1:52 Rebell Snowspeeder kits to have a play about with and practice a few of my techniques on.
I decided straight away I wasnt going to use hardly any of the kits decals and instead would be painting all the sqaudron identifying colours to allow me to practice my chipping and weathering techniques, so I dived right in and as always I started by painting up the cockpit and instrument panels.