A bright idea…


So there’s not much room in this in little kit for putting lights in so here are the main parts that are going to need butchered.. err I mean modified to make room, as you can see I have already made a start by removing the front locating pin in the engine nacelle, I think I am going to have to thin the walls a little too in order for a 3mm LED to fit.

Cockpit constructed


Well here’s the completed cockpit for the TIE. There really isn’t much to it, I tried to pick out some of the details in red and black as they are the presiding colours I remember from the films, or at least they’re the colours I associate with the inside of the TIE in my mind; regardless it has busied the office up a bit but I am unsure as to how much of this is actualy going to be visible anyway once its all buttoned up.

Still the Tie Solar Panels


Well I am still working on the solar panels for the TIE, not surprising though as they’re the biggest part of the kit! Here are the first sides of the TIE’s solar panels now the framework has been painted and the masking removed, they’re still not how I hoped but at least the fine moulded details aren’t lost in the flatness of the paint anymore! They look all the better for having the grey framework around them to be honest, surprising how much of a difference this has made to the way they look.

Solar Panel Saga


Why do I get hung up so much on silly little things, so the saga of the solar panel colour is starting to drag on a bit now, I started by putting down a base of Bronze, then put a clear blue over the top and toned this down using Tamiya Smoke. I’m still not entirely happy with it and am kind of regretting not just painting them Gloss Black but it is what it is and I spent too much time messing about on this so it’s time to get a coat of Klear down and mask them panels up once dry.

Snowspeeder coming together


Most of the construction on the snowspeeder is complete and I’ve revealed the chipping and begun the weathering. most of the weathering will be with Ammo products, can really see how rusted the radiator looks in this photoset, love the rusting pigment, really effective I think

Speedy Snowspeeder Build

Heres some more images from my build of the Revell 1:52 Rebel Snowspeeder kit. It’s a pretty basic kit so progress is quick however it is a nice kit to work with. a little preshading around the panel lines, and plenty of chipping which was the reason I was building this, in order to practice my weathering and chipping.

As you can see the decals for the orange markings have been chucked and I have airbrushed it all, there is steel underneath the main base grey in the areas I wanted to depict as battle damaged or worn. I have also chipped the various other colours to depict wear and tear. I have also weathered the radiator etc at the rear using various rust powders and washes from Ammo.