This weekend saw the annual East of Scotland Model Show put on by IPMS Dundee, which is the club I have recently joined. Unfortunately due to work commitments I was only able to attend for the last hour of the show but still there was plenty to see, a fantastic number of entries to the competition all of which were superb, the club displays from all the attending clubs were all top quality and there were of course plenty of temptations provided by the visiting vendors!
I didn’t grab many photos as arriving straight from work and in somewhat of a rush I only had my phone with me but these are some of my favourite builds from the show, hopefully next year I’ll be able to attend properly and get some builds in the competition myself.
Well it’s finally complete, here’s my finished build of the Revell 1:52 Rebel Snow Speeder kit. I think I only used 3 of the decals that came in the kit in the end, everything else was painted.
I painted it with Tamiya and Revell Acrylics, chipping with maskol and weathered with Ammo and Humbrol pigments and a home made wash. I am quite pleased with it considering it’s small size and the fact it was my first ever sci-fi build! I hope you like her too!
Heres some more images from my build of the Revell 1:52 Rebel Snowspeeder kit. It’s a pretty basic kit so progress is quick however it is a nice kit to work with. a little preshading around the panel lines, and plenty of chipping which was the reason I was building this, in order to practice my weathering and chipping.
As you can see the decals for the orange markings have been chucked and I have airbrushed it all, there is steel underneath the main base grey in the areas I wanted to depict as battle damaged or worn. I have also chipped the various other colours to depict wear and tear. I have also weathered the radiator etc at the rear using various rust powders and washes from Ammo.
Well to keep my mojo from dropping I decided to give something different a go and as I had a voucher I picked up one of the Revell 1:52 Rebell Snowspeeder kits to have a play about with and practice a few of my techniques on.
I decided straight away I wasnt going to use hardly any of the kits decals and instead would be painting all the sqaudron identifying colours to allow me to practice my chipping and weathering techniques, so I dived right in and as always I started by painting up the cockpit and instrument panels.