Gnat Complete!


The 2nd Gnat is finally completed. I added the last of the details tonight so I thought I would post up a few snaps of the finished article on her own and along side her sister aircraft. If you have any comments/critique/suggestions for improvement then please do make them!

Advertisements

Gnat Unmasked!


So I finally took the masking off the paint job on the first Gnat last night, and this wasn’t without incident. I had masked the straight lines with Tamiya tape, and had used maskol for the first time on the more intricate parts, what I didn’t expect that the maskol not only come away from the body of the kit but also the paint that had oversprayed on to it meaning I had to actually trim off the overspray with a scalpel.

This has meant that some of the finer details I was trying to mask using the Maskol haven’t come out the way I had hoped so a little touching up will be required tonight prior to masking and painting the matt black on the nose!