Build Complete


So here’s the finished article, my 1/72 Airfix Spitfire PR.XIX finished as an S.31 from the Swedish Airforce. I hope you enjoy her as much as I have building her.

Advertisements

German Night Fighters versus Bomber Command 1943-1945 by Martin W. Bowman.

12838


Whilst this book may not be a modelling resource as such many modellers do have an interest in this period and its events and this book gives detailed accounts of some of the unforgiving meetings between the aircraft and crews of allied forces under Bomber Command and those of the Luftwaffe’s Nachtjagd during the latter years of WWII.
Much of the information provided of these encounters and the bitter aerial battles that resulted is given first hand, as experienced by aircrews on both sides of the conflict.
This wealth of information depth, first hand testimony and operational details along with the profiles of many of those involved from both sides of the conflict provides the reader a great insight in to the units and people involved during this period of the war.

Almost there!


So the Hurricane is almost complete, I have finished the decals, drilled the antenna post and rigged its with some 2.2lb fishing line! Unfortunately I have broken the main part of the canopy and Airfix told me they were unable to supply a spare. Luckily however someone has offered to send me a spare they have which I can’t express how grateful I am for! In the mean time I am dropping a couple of coats of Klear on before a light panel wash and some other weathering!

A Little Progress!


So there’s been a little progress on the the Hurricane, theres a few fit issues I didn’t expect considering its a new tool. The lower half of the wing is a fair bit bigger than the top and on the trailing edge you get left with quite a gap for some reason. Also a little strange is the fact they have made the kit so as you have to fit one of the clear parts (tinted clear amber here on my build) so early, and prior to any paint being done! Granted it’s no great shakes to mask it well but it wouldn’t have been difficult to alter the way the clear part fits to make it so as the part could be fitted after the paint has been done.